Selling your business is hard.
We are here to make it easier.
All businesses owners will eventually go through an exit. As an owner, you need to be prepared to transition the business to family, employees, IPO, or an outside buyer.
Whether you are ready to sell now or later, we have the resources and tools to help you achieve the maximum value for your company.
What does your timeline look like?
Greater than 12 months
If you plan to sell a year or more down the road, our focus becomes increasing the value of your company prior to the sell-side process so that we maximize your value at exit. This is an exciting and results oriented approach to value creation of a company that includes the following steps:
- Acceptance of Scope of Work
- Review of Current Financials and Baseline Business Processes
- Create & Continually Work Due Diligence Process (Our team manages over 100 items in just this one step.)
- Examine Critical Functions
- People (Leadership)
- Strategy Toward Exit
- Create the Value Plan
- Work the Value Plan
- Build the Value and Prepare for Future Exit
Less than 12 months
If you are looking to sell within the next 12 months, our standard sell-side process generally follows the timeline below.
- Acceptance of Engagement Letter
- Preparation of Seller Synopsis and Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM)
- Assembly of Targeted Buyers
- Market to Targeted Buyers
- Accept Signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and Distribute CIM
- On-Site Buyer Meetings
- Accept Preliminary Indications of Interest
- Review Letters of Intent (LOI)
- Select Buyer, Negotiate the Transaction, and Sign Final Letter of Intent
- Buyer Due Diligence
- Document and Close the Transaction
Preparing to Sell
Black Diamond specializes in crafting a strategic sales plan designed specifically for your business. Understanding the value of your company is the first step in preparing to sell and we are here to help.